11.03.2011

bee blocks

At one point last month I made enough bee blocks to make an entire quilt! I do enjoy learning new blocks and working on things that are sometimes out of my comfort zone. Here's what I've got since last time.

First up - these are for the 4x5 modern bee on flickr. I also made one that was grey and turquoise, but I can't seem to find the photo. I used Oh Fransson's tutorial for her map of the states block. It was time consuming. I think I'll look for a cheater way next time.






This one is for Amisha in Bee Tweet. I enjoy hexagons a lot. And I love the idea of using lots of different sizes. I also love that background fabric (moda crossweave I think?)


These 2 are for do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}. We all did a greek cross with pink center or background fabric.




This one was for Brooke in La Beeda Loca. I totally did the block wrong. It was supposed to be Lee's Supernova, but I inverted the corner pieces. Oh well.


This is another bag I made for sewing summit. It's the Jane Market bag. Several other girls had the same pattern. I wish we could have gotten a picture of all of them.

2 more for do. Good Stitches. I did these ones at the very last minute. I think I'll make a quilt with these colors . . .



And 3 for Rachel from Bee Tweet. I copied one of Ashley's blocks, one of Cara's and made one up. I really liked making these blocks. I think I need a quilt with these kinds of log cabin blocks . . .




These were for the Super Secret Sewing Summit Bee. We (Ali and a bunch of other people) made 2 quilts - one for Erin and one for Amy. My blocks were used on the backs.




Wow! 16 blocks! Could have made me a nice little quilt!

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors and all the different blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You have been a busy girl! Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that was a LOT of blocks. I love your 4x5 set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these blocks! I love all the little squares! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been on here for a while, but you have done a ton! I love the first squares! You should show me how to do those. I can't wait to see Elliot's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry if this is weird... but i just read your favorite movies... and BOTTLE ROCKET!!!!!!! we named our dog dignan.

    ReplyDelete